Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Monitor and Report Chain Update
Because it is my hope to be able to reintroduce the seizure scent as the target scent in this chain, now that Lily knows the Monitor/Report sequence, I am reviewing it every two to three weeks just to keep the chain alive. I am still using Twining's Earl Grey tea as the target scent. But I want to balance the eventual extinction of this scent with the possible re-introduction of the seizure scent.
To this end I am utilizing the test tube (both open ended and with the lid on) and the scent stick.
To keep Lily's scent recognition skills current, I use the scent wheel, the periscope wheel, the pipe and the magnetic board.
To keep "using her nose" skill current and fun, I have begun HITT (tracking training) with Lily.
Nose work is one of Lily's most favorite activities.